- Hear – the Smart Globe talks and speaks about lots of fun facts. Listen to the country’s National Anthem, Capital, or history. Over 4, 000 information pieces are stored in the globe’s digital memory.
- Touch – use the smart Globe pen to touch all over the globe. The stand base and world globe contain digital touch points almost everywhere!
- Play – learn and have fun! Contains 25 games that will teach your children about world facts, while capturing their interest.
- Portable – take the Globe anywhere. Operates on 3 AA batteries (included) so no cords needed.
- Augmented reality – new for 2017! Use the Oregon Scientific Smart Globe AR app to bring the globe to life with animals and dinosaurs!
take learning about the world to a whole other dimension. The SmartGlobe Explorer AR can be used in conjunction with the Smart Globe app to provide kids and adults with a real-world view of the world using built-in augmented reality technology. But even without that cool feature, the globe itself comes with more than 20,000 pieces of information to learn, more than 220 countries to explore, and 42 games. And the content can be tailored to three different age groups: 5 to 8, 9 to 14, and 15+.
You explore all of this by using the globe’s portable Smart Pen. It’s stored on the base of the globe, and it looks like a space shuttle. It has a volume control, a headphone jack, and a micro USB jack. Turn it on and use the tip of the pen to touch one of the “Touch” categories on the globe’s activity panel. Then touch the pen to a place on the globe. You’ll hear continent names, world populations, and national anthems played.
You can also compare information between two places, such as distance and flying time, by touching a category under “Compare” on the activity panel and then touching two places on the globe.
To play a search game, touch one of the “Find” categories and the SmartGlobe will tell you to find certain places on the globe. Find as many as you can before time runs out.
And to learn more about the Earth, hear amazing facts about the world, and get up-to-date world news, touch any of the three “Knowledge” categories.
Slide-out the map of the United States to hear more specific information about the states, capitals, and more in America when you touch the map with the Smart Pen. But unfold the map and turn it over so that it becomes a stand for the opened globe.
Opening the globe will reveal an image of the Earth’s interior on one side and an image of the solar system on the other. As kids touch the pen to both sides, they’ll learn about the layers of the Earth, the size and orbit of the planets, and even play games about the solar system.
But then there’s a whole other level of play when you download the free Smart Globe app for iOS and Android devices. Scan the activating QR code on the fold-out map to get started, and then hold your device up to the globe to make images of animals, landmarks, and more appear right on the globe. You might see that it’s snowing near Russia, kangaroos jumping in Australia, and the pyramids in Egypt. The app also has a quiz game with two levels and a 360-degree globe that you can explore.